Monday, April 25, 2011

Delicious Chocolate Cake

Other Cake recipes



I've never made a cake homemake before. I mean, I've make countless of cakes for holidays and celebrations where the directions included. "Empty contents of cake mix into a bowl". A REAL chocolate cake, I was a bit nervous but I dove in and what better project to dive into then a chocolate cake.


I cheated a little, I call it a Delicious Chocolate cake but the icon for DCC doesn't look chocolate at all. So, I in true Blizzard fashion, make the world bend to my story line. I made the cake look like the Chocolate Celebration cake


Here goes!




Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)


2 cups (480 ml) boiling water
1 cup (120 g) cocoa
 I put these two into a seal-able container and shook it. Or you can whisk it into submission.


In another bowl:


3 cups (360g) flour
2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
1/2 tsp (3 ml) baking powder
1/2 tsp (3 ml) salt


In yet another bowl:


1 cup (240 g) butter
2 cups (400g) sugar
2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
4 eggs


Mix together the butter and sugar, Add one egg at a time and beat in. Add vanilla.








Left: Flour mixture
Right: butter, sugar eggs muxture
Back: water and cocoa powder shaken

Add the flour and the cocoa liquid to the butter, sugar, egg mixture alternating. I alternate because adding the flour and the liquid at the same time causes lumps that you will have to work harder to beat out.






Grease 3 cake pans. I used a 9in and two 8in pans. In the screenshot for Chocolate Celebration cake, the bottom layer looks bigger then the top 2.


Bake for 30 minutes. I baked the 2 -in then the 9 in separately .






 When the cake is done, let cool on counter or in fridge for 30 minutes.  Then to make the cake even I cut the puffy top off to make it flat.







Put aside scraps, they will disappear when you are not looking. I blame the gnomes.


The Cake is Not a Lie.



 Ice between the layers and the cake is done. Cut in very small pieces, the cake is rich and sweet.


Chocolate Icing


21/2 (250g) cups powdered sugar
1 cup (240 g) softened butter
1 cup (100g) cocoa powder
1 tsp (5 ml) of vanilla
2 tbs (30 ml) milk


If you want the icing thicker add more powdered sugar, to thick add a dash of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Funnel Cake ~ Rift

Introducing RIFT! (much rejoicing)  2 Cups of Bisquick (Recipe below for homemade Bisquick)  2 eggs  1 cup Milk  Mix tog...