Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Galadhrim Ration Recipe

This is my interpretation of the Galadhrim Ration. I thought something filling and practical would serve the adventurer well in battle.







 I cut a loaf of frozen bread dough into eight slices. I floured a cutting board and let them defrost for about an hour. I rolled out the slices to little circles you see below.






 I saute the meat and roasted some cubed potatoes. Cut them up to bite size pieces. I put 2 pieces of meat & 3 or 4 cubes of potatoes.






 Fold up and over like a giant dumpling or pirogies.  Be sure to pinch the edges together tightly.






 Lay flat and sprinkle some cheese on top.  Bake for 20-30 minutes in a 350 degree F (176 degree C) until golden brown on the bottom.




Yum!


Rations are great frozen and heated or packaged tightly for a long journey.  Best heated over a campfire but can be eaten cool and on the run.

2 comments:

Funnel Cake ~ Rift

Introducing RIFT! (much rejoicing)  2 Cups of Bisquick (Recipe below for homemade Bisquick)  2 eggs  1 cup Milk  Mix tog...